Central | Organizations
if these folks had been Venture Capitalists - They Certainly Qualify!
WHAT VENTURE CAPITALISTS LIKE:
- Quality of management, indicated
by the collective skills and experience of the management team
- Relevant skills include marketing, technical, financial
skills and proven leadership ability
- Relevant experience - management
teams have experience in the same or similar industries or markets
- Management commitment and staying power
- Ability to evaluate and react well to risk
IF THESE FOLKS HAD BEEN VENTURE CAPITALISTS?
- "Everything that can be invented has been
invented" - Charles H. Duell, Director U.S. Patents Office,
- "I think there is a world market for
maybe five computers" - Thomas Watson, IBM president, 1943.
- "Television won't last because people
will soon get tired of staring at a plywood box every night" - producer
Darryl Zanuck, Twentieth-Century Fox, 1946.
- "You ain't going nowhere, son. You ought
to go back to driving a truck" - Grand Ole Opry's Jim Denny to Elvis
- "There is no need for any individual to
have a computer in their home" - Ken Olson, president of Digital
Equipment Corp., 1977.
- "640k ought to be enough for
anybody" - Microsoft founder Bill Gates, 1981, whose computers now
offer more than 500 times that much space for electronic memory.
TEN ENTREPREUR CHARACTERISTICS
Researchers and experts suggest that
entrepreneurs share a number of common characteristics. A Top Ten List
Commitment and determination
- 2. Desired for ownership/responsibility
- 3. Obsessed with answering the door when
- 4. High risk tolerance
- 5. High uncertainty tolerance
- 6. Creativity and flexibility
- 7. Desire for immediate feedback
- 8. High level of energy
- 9. Highly motivated
- 10. Future oriented.